Recipe by evewitch
This is a bit unusual - don't expect a true "Mexican" flavor. However, they are sooo good! I got this from a cookbook called "Soup Mix Magic." I think I am addicted to the stuff. (One note - the original recipe called for a 19 oz can of black beans. I changed that because we can't get one here, but feel free to use more.)
Top Review by rosslare
Very flavorful nachos! I actually used some left over cooked pork, chopped up, instead of ground beef, and this recipe seems to be an excellent way to use up left over meat, as well as left over crumbled nachos, also. I used all recommended toppings plus some sour cream. Yum!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or generic)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 1⁄2 ounces tortilla chips (try Tostitos Gold!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. While it is cooking, rinse & drain the beans. Drain the ground beef.
- Put the beef back in the skillet and add soup mix, black beans, and salsa. Simmer about 5 minute until heated through.
- Arrange the chips on a serving platter. Spread the beef mixture over the chips and sprinkle with cheese. Add whatever additional toppings you want.