Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an old recipe Mom got from a box of Lipton onion soup. It's easy and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- snipped parsley, for garnish
- In large skillet, stir meat until browned.
- Blend in Lipton Onion Soup mix, flour and tomato paste.
- Stir in water; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.
- Garnish with snipped parsley.
Made for hubby's lunches, and he gives 2 thimbs up! I used his ground venison and paired it with poppyseed noodles. Also added about 1/4 cup red wine. This was very good and super easy! Made for ZWT4.
This is very easy and made with pantry staples. I think it would be a nice recommendation for every beginner cook or those on a time crunch who still want to serve their family a nice meal. The flavor resembles stronganoff without the fuss. I did add cracked black pepper. Made for the ZWT4.
This is a nice mellow recipe for kids...I added salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. The kids loved it, thanks!