Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a Hungarian recipe that I got out of an Eastern European cookbook. Refrigeration time counts as cooking time.
- 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika or 1 tablespoon regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Mix butter with cottage cheese to blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well again.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours so that it becomes firm.
- Serve as a mound with dark bread (and beer if desired).
You can also use cream cheese in place of cottage cheese. Or for a lower fat/lower cal try neufschatel cheese. this is GOOD stuff!