1/4 Photos of Lip Smacking Savory Beef Short Ribs
3 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These short ribs are wonderful. A real comfort dish, beautiful served with mashed potatoes and fresh garden peas. My family loves short ribs and we are always on the lookout for new ways to prepare them. I always buy short ribs with the bone, as they have the most flavor. The basic recipe is a friends, I've just changed a few things to make them perfect for my familys taste buds. I hope you will enjoy these as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 51.76 ml oil, sunflower
- 6 beef short ribs, bone in
- 2 leeks, use the white only, sliced
- 2 carrots, sweet, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, medium, sweet, sliced
- 2 shallots, french, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml salt, seasoned
- 2.46-4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml sugar, brown
- 3 sprig rosemary, fresh
- 1 sprig thyme, fresh
- 14.79 ml mustard, dijon
- 946.36 ml beef stock
- 1Heat oil in a heavy pan. I use a cast iron one.
- 2I sear the ribs, two at a time to give them space to cook, for about 5 minutes per side or until well browned.
- 3After all the ribs have been seared, remove from pan and put aside until needed.
- 4Add leeks, carrots, parsnips, celery, onion, shallots and garlic to the pan and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 5Now add the tomato paste, salt, red & black peppers to the vegetable mixture and cook for 8 - 10 minutes more.
- 6Next add the vinegar, sugar, rosemary, thyme, mustard, mix well and then add the beef stock.
- 7Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 8Return the short ribs to the pot and bring to a low simmer and cover.
- 9Place in a 325 oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until the ribs are tender.
- 10Remove the ribs from pot, cover with foil to keep warm.
- 11Remove all vegetables from liquit and bring the liquid to a boil, cooking until reduce to 1 cup.
- 12Drizzle the glaze over the ribs and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lip Smacking Savory Beef Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1637.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef short ribs