1/2 Photos of Lip Smacking and Finger Sticking Good Drumsticks
1 hr 20 mins
This is a delicious sticky recipe packed full of yummy flavors. Feel free to sub honey for the corn syrup if you are fructose intolerant. This is great served with a side of rice and steamed veggies, or serve with fries for a nice appetizer meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons snow peas, slivered
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Heat a oven proof fry pan to medium high heat. (I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet).
- 3Make a dredge with the red pepper flakes, flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag, add in the drumstick and toss to coat, set aside.
- 4Saute chopped onions in butter and olive oil in the fry pan until translucent, add in garlic and cook until tender.
- 5Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- 6Add the drumsticks and cook for 15 minutes turning the chicken often until nice and crispy.
- 7Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 8Sprinkle 2 tbs Tabasco sauce on top adding 1/4 cup dark corn syrup.
- 9Put pan in oven and continue to cook for 15 minutes turning drumsticks often.
- 10Sprinkle the rest of the Tabasco sauce on top adding the remainder of the dark corn syrup.
- 11Cook for another 15 minutes while turning drumsticks often.
- 12Add back in the onion mixture.
- 13Simmer to caramelize the dish about 5-8 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle the slivered snow peas on top and serve with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lip Smacking and Finger Sticking Good Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar