SuzyQ in Seattle's Note:
I made these for a Christmas party and they were gone so fast I had to then put out a second batch. During that party, people were requesting that I make them for our up-coming Super Bowl party as well. I'm doubling the batch this time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (48 link) package Little Smokies sausages
- 2 (8 ounce) packages any brand crescent rolls
- 1 (12 ounce) container beaver brand sweet-hot mustard (or other brand if you can't find it)
- 1 (8 ounce) package grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Pre-heat oven to designated temperature on the crescent roll package.
- 2Open the tubes of crescent rolls and unroll each triangle. With kitchen shears, cut the triangle in half, so that you're cutting off the pointed tip end. Then, take the top part of the existing triangle and cut that in half lengthwise. Each triangle will now be in 3 pieces for a total of 24 pieces per tube.
- 3Spread each piece of crescent roll with a bit of the Hot Sweet mustard and place a few shreds of cheese down the length of each.
- 4After opening and draining the Lil Smokies, take one Lil Smokie and place it on the widest end of the dough strip and roll it up.
- 5Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and space the piggies evenly on the tray.
- 6Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Serve with additional Beaver Hot Sweet Mustard and ketchup for dipping, if desired.
- 8To save time, I usually make these days or weeks in advance, layer them in a tupperware container and then freeze them. You can take them right out of the freezer, put them on the baking tray to thaw for a few minutes, and then pop in the oven. Too easy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lip-Smackin, Party-Snackin Mini Piggies in a Blanket
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: