Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these for a Christmas party and they were gone so fast I had to then put out a second batch. During that party, people were requesting that I make them for our up-coming Super Bowl party as well. I'm doubling the batch this time!
- 1 (48 link) package Little Smokies sausages
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesany brand crescent rolls
- 1 (12 ounce) containerbeaver brand sweet-hot mustard (or other brand if you can't find it)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegrated sharp cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to designated temperature on the crescent roll package.
- Open the tubes of crescent rolls and unroll each triangle. With kitchen shears, cut the triangle in half, so that you're cutting off the pointed tip end. Then, take the top part of the existing triangle and cut that in half lengthwise. Each triangle will now be in 3 pieces for a total of 24 pieces per tube.
- Spread each piece of crescent roll with a bit of the Hot Sweet mustard and place a few shreds of cheese down the length of each.
- After opening and draining the Lil Smokies, take one Lil Smokie and place it on the widest end of the dough strip and roll it up.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and space the piggies evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional Beaver Hot Sweet Mustard and ketchup for dipping, if desired.
- To save time, I usually make these days or weeks in advance, layer them in a tupperware container and then freeze them. You can take them right out of the freezer, put them on the baking tray to thaw for a few minutes, and then pop in the oven. Too easy!
These were really good. A bit time consuming if in a hurry. But they got gobbled up fast. Of coarse you can hardly miss with little smokies and crescents. Thanks for sharing-