Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From today's Thursday magazine, this was submitted by Hina Bhatia. It looks like a charm!
- 1 cup almonds, powdered
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 3 -5 sliced almonds, for garnishing
- 3 -5 dried rose petals, for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pot.
- Add powdered almonds and roast until light brown.
- Add milk.
- Stir until all the milk gets absorbed.
- Once the milk is absorbed, add cardamom, saffron, sugar and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the pot.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and rose petals.
- Note: If stirred for a longer duration, you will be able to enjoy delicious almond barfi pieces.
Turned out OK. The directions are vague regarding how long this should be cooked.