Recipe by wildschwein
This Lemon Curd Tart is absolutely delicious - you'll be going back for thirds!
- 6 eggs (preferably free-range)
- 2 large lemons
- 200 g raw sugar
- 60 g lightly-salted butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place eggs, lemon juice, sugar and the grated zest of the 2 lemons in a large metal basin.
- Whisk to break up eggs.
- Place over a saucepan of boiling water, and continue whisking until the mixture becomes warm.
- Add the butter, and continue stirring until mixture thickens, being careful not to overcook or else the mixture will curdle.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Place sheet of puff pastry on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Place tray in oven, reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- After 10 minutes, take pastry out. It should be puffed up.
- Push the center down with your fingers to deflate the pastry, while leaving a puffed area around the periphery of the pastry square.
- Fill the depressed part of the pastry with a generous serving of the lemon curd.
- Place tray in the fridge for around 1 hour to set.
- Serve with vanilla icecream.
- Leftover lemon curd can be refrigerated and used in future tarts, on toast, with icecream, etc.