1/2 Photos of Lions' Heads With Spicy Coconut Sauce
echo echo's Note:
A dim sum recipe from Cooking Light. The meatballs are called lion's heads because they are very large.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork or 1 lb ground round
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced hot red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1Combine pork through salt in a large bowl and form into 8 large balls.
- 2Sauté meatballs in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on all sides; continue cooking 6-7 min, then drain.
- 3Combine sauce ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add meatballs to sauce, cover, reduce heat and continue simmering 8 minutes.
- 5Serve garnished with basil and lemon peel.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lions' Heads With Spicy Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk