PSU Lioness's Note:
I didn't have all of the ingredients to make broccoli salad so I fudged a few things around and came up with this. Everyone loved it! It's somewhat the same as the original recipe I used but the a few ingredients switched and one or two that I added to fit our family's preferences. I hope you like it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrot (or grated carrots)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1Add all salad ingredients, EXCEPT bacon bits, to a bowl that is large enough to hold them and allow mixing.
- 2Mix all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Add more onion flakes to taste.
- 3Mix dressing into vegetables. Serve immediately or chill, covered, in the fridge before serving.
- 4Stir in bacon bit just before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lioness's Broccoli Salad Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: