Top Review by Stephanie43
These were the best potatoes I have ever tasted. The whole family loved them. A little bit more labor intensive than mashed potatoes or french fries but the taste made it well worth it. I will be making this quite frequently.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes, boiled,peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 2 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat; add the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, marjoram and pepper and cook, turning the potatoes as they colour, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil over medium heat; add the onions.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth; cook for 5-7 minutes longer, until soft.
- Transfer the onions to the pan with the potatoes and toss together.