1/3 Photos of Lion House Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is from the restaurant in Salt Lake City called Lion House Pantry. They are famous for their food, but especially for these rolls. They sell these rolls to take home for $6 dollars a dozen! These rolls are incredible and Lion House doesn't seem to mind to share their recipe with everyone. They have a new cookbook that just came out called "Lion House Classics".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl of electric mixer, combine water and milk powder, stir until dissolved.
- 2Add yeast, then sugar, salt, butter, egg, and 2 cups flour.
- 3Mix on low speed of mixer until ingredients are wet, then 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 4Add 2 cups more flour; mix on low speed until ingredients are wet, then for 2 minutes as medium speed. (Dough will be getting stiff and remaining flour may need to be mixed in by hand).
- 5Add about ½ cup flour and mix again, by hand or mixer.
- 6Dough should be soft, not overly sticky, and not stiff.
- 7(It is not necessary to use the entire amount of flour.)
- 8Scrape dough off sides of bowl and pour about 1 T.vegetable oil all around the sides of the bowl so it is covered with oil.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in warm place until double in size.
- 10(My note here- I just sprayed a clean large bowl with vegetable spray and put my ball of dough in there, turning to cover the dough with the vegetable spray.).
- 11After dough has risen, sprinkle cutting board or counter with flour and place dough on floured surface.
- 12Roll out and cut rolls in desired shape and size.
- 13Place on greased (or parchment lined) baking pans.
- 14Let rise in warm place until rolls are double in size (about 1 to 1 ½ hours).
- 15Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
- 16Brush with melted butter while hot.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lion House Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 318.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g