I made these sweet cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday (there was a jungle theme)!! They were a hit!! Use your favorite cupcake mix/recipe to make these! The decorations are listed below - just adjust the quantity of decorations to cover the amount of cupcakes you are making.
- 24 cupcakes, premade
- 396.89 g bag flaked coconut
- 453.59 g container chocolate frosting (or caramel frosting)
- 96 piece thin black licorice (approx 3/4-inch)
- 48 small white gumdrops
- 48 brown miniature M&M's chocolate candies (or brown reeses pieces)
- pink icing
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Toast coconut on a cookie sheet in a single layer for 6-10 minutes until lightly brown (stir coconut every 2-3 minutes while toasting).
- Frost cupcakes with frosting.
- Roll edges of cupcake in toasted coconut to make the lion's "mane".
- Place 2 gum drops side by side in the lower/middle of the cupcake.
- Place 2 licorice "whiskers" on each side tucked partially under the gum drops to adhere.
- Place 2 m&m "eyes" above the gumdrops.
- Place a dab of pink icing below eyes and above the gumdrops to make the "nose".