Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very Cute, very Alice in Wonderland!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) jar raspberry jam
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar, salt and egg yolk until smooth. Blend in the flour until the mixture blends into a smooth dough. Wrap the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate 1/2 hour or up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into circles and cut small shapes in the middle for the top cookies. Place on lightly-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- To Assemble: spread jam on bottom cookies (no middle cut outs). Sprinkle powdered sugar on the top cookies. sandwich bottom cookies with top cookies.