Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Clarissa Hyman's "The Jewish Kitchen". Great Passover treat.
- 250 g hazelnuts
- 200 g chocolate
- 200 g cake matzo meal
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 200 g margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 340 g raspberry jam (Tiptree is best)
- 225 g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Toast hazelnuts until golden brown. Grind in food processor.
- Met chocolate in a bain marie and allow to cool.
- Add matzah meal, sugar, spices and margarine to the processor and pulse.
- Add chocolate, eggs, brandy and coffee to the processor and pulse until sticky.
- Press two thirds of the mixture into a 25cm/10 inch flan tin with a loose base.
- Add the raspberry jam.
- Use some of the reserved pastry to make a lip around the top edge of the pastry shell.
- Use the rest of the pastry to make a lattice pattern.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and top with the raspberries.