Jewpanese cook's Note:
From Clarissa Hyman's "The Jewish Kitchen". Great Passover treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- 2Toast hazelnuts until golden brown. Grind in food processor.
- 3Met chocolate in a bain marie and allow to cool.
- 4Add matzah meal, sugar, spices and margarine to the processor and pulse.
- 5Add chocolate, eggs, brandy and coffee to the processor and pulse until sticky.
- 6Press two thirds of the mixture into a 25cm/10 inch flan tin with a loose base.
- 7Add the raspberry jam.
- 8Use some of the reserved pastry to make a lip around the top edge of the pastry shell.
- 9Use the rest of the pastry to make a lattice pattern.
- 10Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 11Dust with icing sugar and top with the raspberries.
Nutritional Facts for Linzertorte
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.3
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g