1/1 Photo of Linzertorte
2 hrs 45 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
My Private Note
(9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fine ground almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 hard egg yolks, cooked, mashed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 raw egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups thick raspberry jam
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- confectioners' sugar
- 1Sift flour, cloves and cinnamon together into a deep mixing bowl.
- 2Add ground almonds, sugar, lemon peel and mashed egg yolks.
- 3With a wooden spoon, beat in butter, raw egg yolks and vanilla.
- 4Continue beating until smooth and doughy.
- 5Form dough into ball.
- 6Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 7Remove about 3/4 of dough and return rest to refrigerator.
- 8Lightly butter round cake pan (spring-form, if available). Add dough, and press out to form a 1/4-inch thick shell.
- 9Spoon in raspberry jam and spread out evenly with spatula.
- 10With floured rolling pin on a floured surface, roll out remaining dough 1/4-inch thick.
- 11Cut 1/2 inch wide strips, 2 of them 9-inches long and the rest 8-inches.
- 12Lay atop jam in lattice; run knife around sides of pan and press dough at sides down to form a 1/4-inch border.
- 13Lightly beat whole egg and cream and coat exposed pastry.
- 14Refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- 15Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 16Bake torte 45 to 50 minutes until lightly brown.
- 17Let cool 5 minutes and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Nutritional Facts for Linzertorte
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g