Recipe by Chickee
This cake can be made with an almond filling, or more famously with raspberry jam.
- 150 g butter or 150 g margarine
- 150 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 g ground almonds (replace with hazlenuts for raspberry filling)
- 150 g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 g butter or 75 g margarine
- 75 g sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 150 g ground almonds
- 1 egg white
- 200 g raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Cream butter and sugar, add salt and egg and beat until light.
- Add spices, almonds and flour and mix into a light pastry.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Roll out 1/3 of the mix to cover a 22cm (9 inch) springform pan.
- Roll out another 1/3 of the mix to 2cm wide strips and use to create 'walls' of the torte, forming well with the base.
- Roll out the remainder of the dough thin and put in the fridge until it is quite hard.
- Almond filling: Cream butter and sugar, then add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the empty cake shell with filling (almond OR raspberry).
- Cut the remaining chilled dough into 1cm strips, and use to create a diamond lattice pattern on top of the cake.
- Paint the dough with egg yolk.
- Bake for 40 minutes on the bottom shelf.