Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A classic dessert, prepared in a healthier way. Uses spelt flour and honey.
- 532.32 ml light spelt flour
- 118.29 ml ground almonds
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml honey
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml grated lemon peel or 1.23 ml lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml sugar-free raspberry jam or 177.44 ml fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat honey, butter and lemon peel in a large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in egg until well blended.
- Beat in flour mixture at low speed until well blended. Spoon 2/3 of dough onto bottom of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Pat dough evenly over bottom and up side of pan. Spread jam over bottom of dough.
- Roll remaining 1/3 of dough on lightly floured surface into 10x6-inch rectangle. Cut into narrow strips and arrange in a lattice design over jam.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
this may be "wheat free" BUT IT IS NOT GLUTEN FREE!!! If you have celiac you can not have spelt
This is a fantastic recipe! I made if for a family get together, and it was enjoyed by all! It was easy to put together, and texture of the crust was perfect. I don't have a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, so I used a 10-inch springform pan (which worked well). I'm looking forward to making this again and perhaps experimenting with the filling!
I brought this healthy linzor torte pie to work this morning and everyone is just raving about it. This is wonderful recipe! A most definite keeper. I used a buckwheat honey which is really very flavorful (which I like) and the crust tasted beautiful, the timing was also good, it's creates a nice jelly centre with a tender crispy crust treat at the end. Thanks so much for a great post.