Recipe by Sue Lau
Named after a classic Austrian dessert, these bars have a great raspberry filling and are so easy to make. They make a great addition to the cookie jar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup red raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into an ungreased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top of preserves, patting mixture down lightly.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.