Named after a classic Austrian dessert, these bars have a great raspberry filling and are so easy to make. They make a great addition to the cookie jar.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into an ungreased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top of preserves, patting mixture down lightly.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Beautiful recipe. The crust is crunchy and flavorful, it's easy to cut into pieces and arrange on a plate and tastes great.
Just brought these to work-everyone raved and a few askd for the recipe!! Delicious-do not pass this one by!!
Very very good! I used sugar free jam and it turned out fabulous. Will make again. Perfect for any occasion and so easy make! Thanks for sharing Sue :)