From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg yolks, almonds and brandy and lemon rind and juice.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Fold in stiffly-beaten egg whites.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough and line a 9" springform pan, with the bottom thicker than sides.
- Fill with jam.
- Roll remaining dough, cut into strips and place into crisscrosses on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Before serving, fill any hollows with jam.