Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Linzer Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter, add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Chill for about 1/2 an hour.
- Roll out dough between 1/8 and 1/4 inch on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut half of the dough with flower cookie cutter, and the other half with the same cutter, but with centers removed.
- Bake each batch 6-10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until just golden brown.
- Spread preserves on whole cookies (bottoms), and top with cutouts.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar until covered.
Loved this recipe. It was very easy to make, not too crumbly and quite delicious. Even my daughter liked hers! I substituted 1 teaspoon of the vanilla with natural orange extract, which worked well with raspberry jam for the filling.