Recipe by senseicheryl
I received a flyer in the mail today for a new Taste of Home Cookbook called "The Ultimate Cookie Collection" and this recipe was included! Excellent for Valentine's Day!
Top Review by Sarah in New York
I made these wonderful cookies for valentines day. They are soooo good. The almonds make them hard to beat. I used strawberry jam. They came out so pretty. This is a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- raspberry jam
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the almonds, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; mix well. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Cut a 1 1/2-inch heart from the center of half of the cookies.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over the bottom of the solid cookies; place cutout cookies over jam. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.