A recipe from German Cooking cookbook. I love the combination of raspberry jam and hazelnuts. Yum. Also, there is an option to drizzle the cookies with chocolate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 grated a lemon, rind of
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated hazelnuts (or finely chopped or ground)
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 cups raspberry jam (more or less, according to your taste)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, -or-
- melted chocolate (optional)
- 1With a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the 2 whole eggs, until incorporated.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, lemon peel and hazelnuts. Combine the mixture into a smooth ball. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours of overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5Lightly grease (or spray with Pam) several cookie sheets.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many rounds as you can.
- 7On half of the dough rounds, cut out 1/2 inch circles, creating circular windows in the centers of the rounds.
- 8With a spatula, arrange all the dough rounds on the cookie sheets ( you'll have some full rounds and some rounds with windows. There will be some extra dough from the window cut outs); brush tops with the egg whites, using a pastry brush.
- 9Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove rounds from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks for about 15 mintues.
- 10Spread each full round with jam.
- 11Top each with a windowed cookie.
- 12Let cool completely and either sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linzer Cookies - With Raspberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1985 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1986.2
- Calories from Fat 885
- Total Fat 98.3 g
- Saturated Fat 46.5 g
- Cholesterol 288.7 mg
- Sodium 270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 258.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 137.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of