Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Almond bars that are covered with raspberry jam! Made easier with refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Bet no one will know or care if you took a shortcut. I usually double the recipe and use a 13x9 pan and bake a little longer. Recipe is from the Pillsbury website.
- 255.14 g roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 118.29 ml seedless raspberry preserves
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break up cookie dough into ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- With floured fingers press dough evenly into bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan combine preserves and cornstarch and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Pour preserve mixture evenly over the crust.
- Spread to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with sliced almonds.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Cut into 16 bars.