Almond bars that are covered with raspberry jam! Made easier with refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Bet no one will know or care if you took a shortcut. I usually double the recipe and use a 13x9 pan and bake a little longer. Recipe is from the Pillsbury website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Break up cookie dough into ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- 3With floured fingers press dough evenly into bottom of pan to form crust.
- 4Bake for 12-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 5Meanwhile in small saucepan combine preserves and cornstarch and mix well.
- 6Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove pan from oven.
- 8Pour preserve mixture evenly over the crust.
- 9Spread to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- 10Sprinkle evenly with sliced almonds.
- 11Return to oven.
- 12Bake 10 more minutes.
- 13Cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 14Cut into 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linzer Bars
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 70.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g