Recipe by mandabears
Almond bars that are covered with raspberry jam! Made easier with refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Bet no one will know or care if you took a shortcut. I usually double the recipe and use a 13x9 pan and bake a little longer. Recipe is from the Pillsbury website.
- 0.5 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break up cookie dough into ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- With floured fingers press dough evenly into bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan combine preserves and cornstarch and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Pour preserve mixture evenly over the crust.
- Spread to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with sliced almonds.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Cut into 16 bars.