Recipe by Pampered Linny
These potatoes are a favorite of my brothers. If they are at my home I need to double the batch. Not to meantion they are incredibly easy to adjust to your own taste.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 4 slices of pre-cooked bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peppers and onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce, if desired (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-high heat melt olive oil & butter in large non-stick skillet.
- Add potatoes, bacon, peppers & onions.
- After about 3 minutes (when peppers & onions are beginning to thaw) add basil, hot sauce, italian seasoning, red pepper, salt & pepper.
- Saute until potatoes are beginning to brown.
- Turn off heat and add cheeses.
- Stir again after cheese is melted and serve.