Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delightfully different salad, bursting with crunch and flavor. Excellent for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 6 ounces cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cranberries, chopped
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate 1/2 hour or until it begins to gel.
- In a large bowl, mix together orange, cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Add the gelatin, celery and walnuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours, until firm.
- Transfer to a pretty serving bowl and serve chilled.
I also could not find cranberry jello, so I used "wild berry." I also only used 3 oz of jello so that the salad would be supr chock full of goodies! I sliced the cranberries and that made for a really pretty salad. Thanks! This is a great one for make ahead holiday potlucks!
Just super! Even those who professed to not care for cranberries loved this salad! Try as I may, no cranberry gelatin was to be found so I used raspberry Jello.(I remember seeing it in years past - maybe it has been discontinued?) I peeled 2 Granny Smith apples but left the peel on the Pink Lady to add even more texture. The walnuts were a wonderful change from the usual pecans! This will be a regular on my holiday menu (or any other time I can find fresh cranberries! ;-)) Thanks for sharing your recipe!