Recipe by Linguini
Very simple, tasty and full of flavor! The best thing about this recipe is that you can add as many spices as you want. Note: I use chicken bouillon cube for this recipe, if you use chicken broth or soup then eliminate a cup of water for each cup of broth you use!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups basmati rice or 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over high heat.
- Add turmeric and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir until all rice grains turn yellow (around 2 minutes).
- Add water and turn down heat to medium.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- When water boils and is leveled with the rice, turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.