1/1 Photo of Linguini With White Clam Sauce
Japanese Delight's Note:
Rachel Rey recipe. This was impressive, inexpensive, and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 -7 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice or 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, undrained
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lb linguine, slightly undercooked, about 6 to 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- black pepper, lots
- some coarse salt
- crusty bread, for mopping
- 1Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan in a slow stream, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies and cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
- 3Add thyme and wine. Reduce wine 1 minute.
- 4Add clam juice or stock, clam juice will give the dish a stronger clam flavor, chicken stock will give it a buttery personality.
- 5Stir in clams and lemon zest.
- 6Drain pasta.
- 7Add to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed the sauce and flavor.
- 8Add parsley, pepper and salt, to your taste and serve with bread for mopping up remaining juices.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With White Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 890.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of