Linguini With Walnut Sauce
- Boil at least 6 quarts of salted water and cook linguini according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over a medium high flame until hot but not smoking, and lightly toast the walnuts, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, and the garlic. When linguini is nearly finished, remove 1/2 cup of the boiling water and add to the walnut mixture.
- Drain linguini and add to walnut mixture, cooking over medium flame for 2 minutes, stirring to coat. Add the parsley and grated cheese, stir, and then place in a pasta bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.