Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light. Dec 2003
Top Review by thejoybird
Love this! I add spinach or kale the pasta also. Some times I add a dash of salt and garlic powder. Its even good with a splash of white wine. I had never tried a gorgonzola sauce and I had some at a really nice Italian restaurant and this was the closest recipe to that one that I have found.
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfresh Baby Spinach (about 6 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Combine the sauce, pasta, and spinach, tossing gently to coat.