Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe from the Raleys Mag - the only thing I left out was the corn .... i just didn't care for it in the recipe. I also prefer the Chorizo.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb soy chorizo or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (9 ounce) bag spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving about 1½ cups pasta cooking water. Return pasta to pot and add butter, stirring to coat.
- While pasta is cooking, place olive oil and Soyrizo or Chorizo in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until browned and a little crispy.3. Add garlic and peppers to skillet along with 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. Cook for 6 minutes or until peppers are soft.4. Add spinach, drained pasta and an additional 1/2 cup pasta water. Cook over medium heat just until spinach is wilted and pasta is warm. (Add additional pasta water if you like to further moisten pasta.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with Parmesan and Queso Fresco, then garnish with cilantro.