Top Review by Sackville
I can honestly say this is one of the best recipes I've had in a long time. If I could give it more than five stars I would! For one thing, it was easy and quick to make but tasted and looked like you'd spent a long time on it. I would definitely serve this to company. Also, I've made lots of pesto sauces but the sundried tomatoes and hazelnuts gave it a special touch. Finally, it reheated well and was even better the next day for lunch, after the flavours had some time to sink in. A lovely dish in every way.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, lightly sauteid in 1 teaspoon olive oil with salt
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 (4 ounce) container sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch parsley (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pesto: Place, sundried tomatoes, parsley, basil, hazelnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add olive oil and continue processing for about 15 seconds, or until combined; set aside.
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat salted water in a medium-large sauce pan to boiling.
- Add shrimp and boil 2 minutes, or until they become opaque.
- Toss linguini, shrimp, mushrooms and pesto together in a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and crusty french bread.
- Don't forget the wine!