Recipe by yooper
A wonderful scampi dish from allrecipes.com. This one comes together really fast, so you can have an elegant dish in less than half an hour! Diced chicken breast meat could sub for the shrimp if you're so inclined.
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While water is boiling, put butter or margarine in 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish and place in oven until butter melts.
- Add shrimp, garlic, and lemon juice to melted butter; stir to blend.
- Return dish to oven and bake shrimp 3 minutes.
- Mix in parsley, and continue baking until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.