Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a deliciously different summer dish. A hot pasta dish that is served at room temperature--try it you'll love it! Dean and Deluca
- 1360.77 g very ripe tomatoes
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml pure olive oil
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 29.58 ml finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g linguine
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Prepare the sauce: coarsely chop the tomatoes, making sure to reserve juice. Place tomatoes and juice in large bowl. Add the vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil, and the basil.
- Add the tablespoon of pure olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 3 minutes, stirring. (Do not allow it to brown). Add to tomato mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let mixture sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook linguini in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When pasta is al dente, drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss the linguini with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and then with the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Divide the linguini among 4-6 bowls. Top each bowl with about a cup of tomato chunks, retrieved from the tomato mixture with a slotted spoon.
- Ladle the remaining liquid around the linguini in each bowl.
YUM ! We loved this! it all went together very well and dissapeared very quickly indeed. I got on-the-vine tomatoes and the flavour was great, so if you can get these or Heirlooms it will increase the flavour of the end result. I did use less olive oil because it seems ok ( and healthier) with less and 3 cloves of garlic becuase we adore the stuff. Please se my Rating System: 4 excellent stars for a recipe that's going in to be made again .. soon! Thanks!
This was great! I BBQ'ed shrimp and served on top of the pasta at room temp. Just perfect with wine and french bread. Thanks!