1/2 Photos of Linguini With Raw Tomatoes and Basil
4 hrs 15 mins
This is a deliciously different summer dish. A hot pasta dish that is served at room temperature--try it you'll love it! Dean and Deluca
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the sauce: coarsely chop the tomatoes, making sure to reserve juice. Place tomatoes and juice in large bowl. Add the vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil, and the basil.
- 2Add the tablespoon of pure olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 3 minutes, stirring. (Do not allow it to brown). Add to tomato mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let mixture sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- 3When ready to serve, cook linguini in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When pasta is al dente, drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Toss the linguini with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and then with the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- 5Divide the linguini among 4-6 bowls. Top each bowl with about a cup of tomato chunks, retrieved from the tomato mixture with a slotted spoon.
- 6Ladle the remaining liquid around the linguini in each bowl.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Raw Tomatoes and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g