Recipe by Sharon123
This pasta dish is based on a traditional recipe enjoyed in Liguria, Italy. I got this from Vegetarian Times, and changed it a bit.
Top Review by Nic
This is a really great recipe - it has the most fantastic flavours and is a big hit in our house. The only changes I made was to sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs on top of the pasta, along with the parmesan cheese, rather that mixing it in. I also omitted step no 13. Thanks for sharing this recipe Sharon123!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, chopped (or use green onion)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (To toast pine nuts, place in small, dry pan on medium heat and cook, shaking pan, until golden, 1 1/)
- 1 tablespoon toasted whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (or try my Vegetarian Parmazano "cheese"#60231)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add basil, pepper flakes and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and raisins and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook pasta until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add pine nuts, bread crumbs and Parmazan cheese to sauce; stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flaxseed or olive oil.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.