Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From IGA booklet.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1 1⁄2 cups 15% cooking cream
- 6 ounces prosciutto, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the linguini according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for 3 minutes to thicken. Incorporate the prosciutto and parsley. Season to taste.
- Serve the sauce on a bed of linguini.
This was very nice. I liked it, it was very tasty. However, I thought there wasn't enough sauce for the amount of pasta which made it a little bit dry. Next time I'll make slightly more sauce, because the flavours deserve for this to be a five star recipe!