Recipe by CJAY
I borrowed a book from my neighbor called The New Pasta Cookbook and I'm putting the recipes I want to try on here. The picture looks awesome!
- 1⁄2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb very large button mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (Don't substitute dried)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb linguine (fresh) or 3⁄4 lb dried linguine
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak porcini mushrooms in 3/4 cup warm water for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Drain off liquid and filter it through muslin or a paper coffee filter to remove grit. Finely slice the rehydrated mushrooms.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan and gently saute onion until soft and golden.
- Add porcini and filtered mushroom liquid and cook until liquid has evaporated. Add remaining butter, button mushrooms and herbs. Season well and gently simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente; drain and toss with the sauce and parmesan.