1 hr 30 mins
I borrowed a book from my neighbor called The New Pasta Cookbook and I'm putting the recipes I want to try on here. The picture looks awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb very large button mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (Don't substitute dried)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb linguine (fresh) or 3/4 lb dried linguine
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Soak porcini mushrooms in 3/4 cup warm water for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 2Drain off liquid and filter it through muslin or a paper coffee filter to remove grit. Finely slice the rehydrated mushrooms.
- 3Melt half the butter in a frying pan and gently saute onion until soft and golden.
- 4Add porcini and filtered mushroom liquid and cook until liquid has evaporated. Add remaining butter, button mushrooms and herbs. Season well and gently simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente; drain and toss with the sauce and parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 181.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g