Recipe by viking
A yummy recipe to use left-over ham.
Top Review by Grace-AK
Adding egg yolks was something new for me, but it was a wonderful surprise! This was light-tasting, but filling. Excellent! I added the noodles back to the pot after the milk had warmed and the egg began to set up. Perfect as written.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces spinach linguine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, well-beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguini in a large kettle according to directions.
- Drain and return to kettle; add ham and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, beat milk and egg yolks well; slowly stir into linguini mixture and heat over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Add 3/4 cup parmesan and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and serve.