Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Adopted from Weight Watcher's From Pantry to Plate, Easy Meals from Food You Keep on Hand. Part of the Cookbook Swap Fall 2008. Partner ALSKANN points-7
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
So quick and easy! I used spaghetti and canned tomatoes, a 420 gr tin. Otherwise, exactly as directed.. oh, I added a chopped onion, I like onions... This was fresh, tasty and with a pleasant bite, it made a marvellous Friday night supper when I wanted something that little bit special, but didn't feel like hours of cooking! Lovely, Thanks Connie! Made for Aus/NZ swap#34
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguine as per directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tsp butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with 1/4 tsp of salt and add to skillet.
- Cook until pink and opaque, 1 1/2 -2 min each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, soak stirring until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and remaining salt, cook striirring occassionally, until the tomatoes just begin to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrinp and cook until heated through, about 1 min longer.
- Add the cooked linguini, parsley, and lemon juice, cook, tossing until combined.