Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adopted from Weight Watcher's From Pantry to Plate, Easy Meals from Food You Keep on Hand. Part of the Cookbook Swap Fall 2008. Partner ALSKANN points-7
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the linguine as per directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tsp butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with 1/4 tsp of salt and add to skillet.
- Cook until pink and opaque, 1 1/2 -2 min each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, soak stirring until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and remaining salt, cook striirring occassionally, until the tomatoes just begin to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrinp and cook until heated through, about 1 min longer.
- Add the cooked linguini, parsley, and lemon juice, cook, tossing until combined.
So quick and easy! I used spaghetti and canned tomatoes, a 420 gr tin. Otherwise, exactly as directed.. oh, I added a chopped onion, I like onions... This was fresh, tasty and with a pleasant bite, it made a marvellous Friday night supper when I wanted something that little bit special, but didn't feel like hours of cooking! Lovely, Thanks Connie! Made for Aus/NZ swap#34
This made a delicious weeknight meal. I used spaghetti and fresh garden tomatoes. Fresh basil was used in place of parsley. This was served with a side salad for a complete meal.
I actually made this with shirataki tofu noodles, and oddly enough..piquante Peppadew peppers (instead of tomatos), and it was DELICIOUS! I know the age-old rule of nixing cheese, when it comes to shellfish, but I did grate a layer of fresh parmesan on top, and it tasted absolutely wonderful. I will definitely make this again, possibly even today!