Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy clam sauce with sliced mushrooms, garlic, and chopped parsley.
Make and share this Linguini With Creamy White Clam Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 10 ounces baby minced clams with juice, chopped and drained but reserve liquid
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic, saute for a minute or so.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and the reserved clam juice.
- Cook and stir constantly until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add clams, cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to melk the cheese completely.
- Serve over linguini, along with salad and crusty bread.