Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Of course this recipe is best with Shiitake mushrooms and real crab but sometimes this is not possible. It is not bad with artificial crab and regular mushrooms but the flavor is different.
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed & sliced (other mushrooms may be substituted)
- salt & pepper
- 5 green onions, cleaned,thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces cooked crabmeat, cut into bite size pieces (artificial crab may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 8 ounces linguine
- Combine clam juice& saffron threads in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat& add mushrooms, sprinkle with salt& pepper, cook until mushrooms are just beginning to soften (3 minutes).
- Add half the green onions, tomatoe paste& stir to blend, add clam juice with saffron, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add Tarragon& crab stir and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine ala dente, drain well.
- Return pasta to pot add sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 plates, sprinkle with green onions& serve.