Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have to give credit to my sister for this recipe. It is so easy and delicious. Simple enough for a weeknight, but also worthy of dinner guests!! Enjoy with side salad and crusty bread.
- 14 ounces chopped clams, drained
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup reserved clam juice
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt margarine with oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown on low to medium heat.
- Add clams, juice and parsley.
- Heat through and serve over hot pasta.
This was good. Pretty basic, but good. I used 20 oz mini clams, and it was yummy.
This was a good base recipe. I have done this often but I brown more garlic, chopped onion, and fresh oregano. I then add the clam juice and fresh basil and simmer for 20 minutes. After that I add canned whole clams and chopped and warm. We like sauce so sometimes I add a bottle of clam juice and thicken a little with cornstarch. I agree this is resturant quality with little work. Thanks for posting!
This recipe was so good and sooo easy. I added some shallots and artichokes. Outstanding. Thanks so much. It was just the recipe I was looking for! I know I'll fix it very often.