Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I make often. It is a quick and easy dinner that everyone in my house eats (including my two children ages 4 and 8). I confess to using a little grated romano cheese on my serving, although my husband claims "real italians" do not put cheese on fish. I just tell him he doesn't have to eat from my dish!
- Heat olive oil in medium sauce pan- when oil is hot, remove pan from burner, add garlic and hot pepper and stir (you want to be careful to not burn the garlic).
- Add wine and cook off the alchol, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain juice from both cans of clams into saucepan, adding additional clam juice if necessary, you should have about 3 cups of liquid, return to low heat.
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- When pasta is ready, add clams to sauce and heat just until clams are heat through.
- Be careful not to"overcook" the sauce once you have added the clams- the clams will become tough if you do.
- Remove sauce from heat and serve over linguini. Enjoy!
I made this for a dinner party and it was very well received. I was especially thankful that the sauce still tasted fresh even though the serving time was delayed over 30 min. Thank you for the time you took to write this one out for us!
Yummy, we loved this recipe, my husband said,to tell you it is DELICIOUS(10+).Very easy to make. The best I've ever made. I will sure be making often. Served it with a green salad & french bread.