MMmmmmm....This is my kids favorite. We are pasta addicts and this recipe really fits the bill. Wonderful flavor. Great with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, i use whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 teaspoons basil pesto
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Place beaten eggs in a large baggie and add chicken pieces to coat.
- 2In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 3Add to the chicken pieces and coat with the bread mixture.
- 4Preheat a large skillet and add 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 5When oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and saute until golden brown.
- 6Remove chicken to a bowl and keep warm.
- 7Melt 1/2 cup margarine in same skillet.
- 8Add garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- 9Place chicken back into skillet and stir to coat with garlic-lemon juice mixture.
- 10Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 11Cook linguini per package directions and toss with 2 tablespoons margarine. Add 2-3 teaspoons prepared basil pesto to linguini, if desired, and mix.
- 12Spoon chicken over linguini.
- 13Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Chicken Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1194.7
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 237.7 mg
- Sodium 1548.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 73.1 g