Recipe by Margo59
MMmmmmm....This is my kids favorite. We are pasta addicts and this recipe really fits the bill. Wonderful flavor. Great with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, i use whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 teaspoons basil pesto
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beaten eggs in a large baggie and add chicken pieces to coat.
- In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add to the chicken pieces and coat with the bread mixture.
- Preheat a large skillet and add 1/3 cup olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and saute until golden brown.
- Remove chicken to a bowl and keep warm.
- Melt 1/2 cup margarine in same skillet.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Place chicken back into skillet and stir to coat with garlic-lemon juice mixture.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook linguini per package directions and toss with 2 tablespoons margarine. Add 2-3 teaspoons prepared basil pesto to linguini, if desired, and mix.
- Spoon chicken over linguini.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.